To Hell with Good First ImpressionsSep 03, 2021
There’s literally millions of articles on Google about the importance of a good first impression and the warning that you only get one of them.
But, uggg how much are we (and the people we want to help or create for) missing out on at the cost of other people’s opinions - which we can’t control anyway.
In an effort to walk the walk I’m sharing those notes as-is below in case anything is in here helps you move forward even one step into the thing you’ve been wanting to say/do/be.
Notes on first impressions:
- How someone else perceives you, has nothing to do with you. Everything to do with them.
- How many times has a good impression turned out not to be what we thought it was?
- Consistency is more important.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- We get to make lots of first impressions - change, pivot, reinvent, new people.
- Thinking we need to make a good first impression is a form of perfectionism which leads to waiting until we're ready, which leads to never feeling ready...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Harper Lee made an incredible first impression with How to Kill a Mockingbird....And then didn't publish another one until 55 years later.
- Less about us and more about the impact we want to make, people we want to help, legacy we want to leave.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- When you start, even messy, you’re immediately ahead of everyone just thinking about it.
So, here's to, to-hell-ing good first impressions, being perfect, and the right timing so that you can go after it.
P.S. When you're ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
---> Listen and Subscribe to the Enneagram MBA Podcast HERE to learn from other business owner and leaders of all Enneagram types, on topics covering starting and growing a business, finding your purpose, and ways to get known and reach more people with your message, mission, and services.
---> Book a Know Your Number Session HERE to start to uncover your dominant Enneagram type and/or learn how to use it in your business and life. Knowledge isn't power. It's what you do with that knowledge that's power. Inside here, we'll start to identify specific changes in habits, beliefs, or thoughts needed in order to step into the best version of you.
---> Learn more HERE about getting known and building a personal brand business on your own terms inside the Marketing Mentorship program.
Book a Personality and Purpose Assessment
Inside this 20-minute free assessment call, we'll look at which Enneagram type you most identify with, how much you're leveraging your strengths, what common roadblocks you might be facing, and opportunities for how to use your personality and Enneagram insight to build a life and business you love.