If you struggle with being consistent on social media, this post was written for you.⠀⠀
When new members join my Facebook Group, the Impact and Income Using Instagram, they're asked what their biggest struggle with social media is.⠀⠀⠀
Consistency is consistently (see what I did there? :)) in the top three struggles, so you're definitely not alone. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
To help, you'll find 5 tips on showing up more regularly below:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1) Before you go any further, it's important to define consistency so we're on the same page. Consistency doesn't necessarily mean every single day, so don't beat yourself up. It just means being consistent with a set schedule, whatever you determine that to me. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2) Which bring me to this next one - If you've never had much success with consistency up until now, don't set yourself up for a guilt trip by creating an aggressive posting schedule that you will most likely struggle to keep up with. If you're new to a set schedule, it might just be making a commitment to post once a week. Keep it up for 60-90 days, celebrate and then add another day in. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3) There most likely are other things you are consistent with in your life, like maybe going to the gym, or hopefully brushing your teeth. How are you consistent with those things? Take whatever habits, mindset, and priorities you have in place for those things and apply to this. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4) Similar to above, a lot of being consistent just comes down to making your social media marketing a priority. I know this is an over the top example, but I am consistent about picking my son up from school and never miss, because it's a huge priority for that I'm there. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5) Lastly, I use a tool called Buffer for Linkedin posts, Planoly for Instagram posts and the Facebook scheduler inside of Facebook to plan and schedule out posts to make showing up regularly easier and more intentional. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What advice would you share with someone wanting to be more consistent?
P.S. If you have a team event you think would benefit from learning more about how to use social media to get noticed, get known and actually see results, let's connect about presentation and workshop opportunities! You can drop me an email at [email protected] or learn more at https://www.sarahlynnco.com/media.